The company’s mission is to navigate its pharma clients through the drug development and approval process to help them get effective medicines to patients faster.
The company’s vision is to be the one source contractor and help the pharma client to move their valued drug compounds from lab into clinic. Their integrated, full service offering covers all the pharma client’s chemistry, pharmaceutical and (bio)analytical needs.
Their ethos is to always be reliable, proactive and flexible. They aim to be a true full-service partner and help the pharma eliminate risk and reduce time-to-market.
The operations manager is responsible for the organization of the operational activities of the business unit ‘DRUG’ (group of approximately 40 people). He/she facilitates all operations running within the following departments: analytical lab, formulation lab, production, logistics and dossier development. He/she directs the structure of the operations and helps in driving efficiency & excellence. He/she is reporting directly to the managing director DRUG and works from the office in Mariakerke (near Gent, Belgium).
The main functions of the role and responsibilities are
- Manage, plan and coordinate all operational activities of the DRUG Business Unit.
- Assume responsibility for the planning, execution and closure of operations in the analytical lab, formulation lab, production, logistics and dossier development.
- Maintain ongoing visibility to overall operations status, challenges, critical milestones, and other operational issues.
- Develop and implement strategic & tactical plans to address operational challenges and problems.
- Provide directives and clearly communicate deliverables to direct reports and team members.
- Ensure all activities are within guidelines and best practices (GMP).
- Promote and enforce GMP and SOP compliance.
- Actively identify and implement improvements in operational procedures or processes.
- Apply operational excellence tools and supporting continuous improvement to deliver measurable gains/efficiencies.
- Manage & coach direct reports (head of departments).
- Train, coordinate and help establish on-the-job training for operational effectiveness.
- Assist in strategic initiatives and corporate projects.
- Interface with multiple stakeholders within and outside the business unit.
- Report to the managing director DRUG.
- Higher education (area of specialization: science).
- At least 10 years of pharmaceutical experience in operations, R&D, production or management in general.
- Solid experience in leading a group of people.
- Demonstrated proficiency in influencing and motivating teams.
- Clear understanding of the pharma & CDMO business
- Knowledge of GMP and manufacturing procedures and standards.
- Effective ability to prioritize and deliver on deadlines, with high performance standards and a commitment to excellence.
- Able to interface and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office programs, including MS Project or equivalent.