The company’s mission is to navigate its pharma clients through the drug development and approval process to help them get effective medicines to patients faster.
The company’s vision is to be the one source contractor and help the pharma client to move their valued drug compounds from lab into clinic. Their integrated, full service offering covers all the pharma client’s chemistry, pharmaceutical and (bio)analytical needs.
Their ethos is to always be reliable, proactive and flexible. They aim to be a true full-service partner and help the pharma eliminate risk and reduce time-to-market.
Our customer is organized among business units that offer complementary expert services. For their business unit 'Drug Development & Manufacturing' in Ghent (Belgium) we are looking for a managing director.
The managing director is responsible for the organization & revenue growth of the enterprise 'Pharma Services'(group of 80 people). He/she facilitates all customer projects running within this unit. He/she directs the structure of the organization and helps in driving new sales business. He/she is reporting directly to the chief executive officer of our customer and works from the office in Ghent (Belgium). He/she is a member of the corporate customer's Management Team.
The main functions of the role and responsibilities are
- You are responsible for the organization, revenue and profit of the business unit.
- You are an owner-manager of the business and you care about clients personally.
- You actively monitor business unit goals to ensure overall performance is achieved and you foster strong, loyal client relationships.
- You create a harmonious working environment.
- You coach and mentor your team members and inspire them to provide quality services on time and on budget.
- You set up an efficient organization and planning.
- You manage the different functions within your unit.
- You incorporate the company’s procedures and policies in the daily operations of the business unit.
- You align with all other business units and functions in the group and you strive for synergy and collaboration with your peer colleagues.
The managing director is part of the management team and leads a middle management team of 7-9 people. The full team counts for about 80 FTEs.
You have a degree in Life Sciences.
- You are a natural coach, a people manager. You have experience in leading a large group, operations, sales and supporting functions. Ideally you have lead a SME or you have lead a large group within a corporate structure.
- You have a solid previous leadership experience in a GMP environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
- You are interested in the world of small molecules (in-depth knowledge is not required). You speak a “scientific” language.
- You are able to work & think operationally.
- You are able to drive business and inspire people to go for growth and continuous improvement.
- You have experience with (or willing to learn) P&L.
- You are able to envision and work towards the “big picture” while still keeping day-to-day objectives and planning at the forefront.
- You are target driven, result driven and customer oriented.
- You are able to network and to talk to customers.
- You are self-motivated with an entrepreneurial approach.
- You are able to bring synergy to the different units.
- You are a positive thinker.
- You are technology-minded.
- You have excellent oral and writing communication skills (fluent in Dutch and English).
- Occasional traveling is necessary.