The company is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. They assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinics and market. They provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development services.
The group is organized among three divisions and five business units that offer complementary expert services.
You’re responsible for a 60-strong scientific team. You coordinate between the different functions of your unit (Sales, Operations, Quality, Facility, HR and Procurement). You’re based in the region of Ghent and you report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The main functions of the role and responsibilities are
- You are responsible for the organization, revenue and profit of the business unit: you have P&L responsibility and you actively monitor the financial, commercial and operational goals to ensure overall performance is achieved.
- You are the owner-manager of the business and you care about clients personally. You foster loyal client relationships.
- You set up an efficient organization and project planning. You create a harmonious working environment; you coach and mentor your team members and inspire them to provide quality services on time and on budget.
- You manage the different functions within your unit.
- You incorporate the company’s procedures and policies in the daily operations of the business unit.
- You align with all other business units and functions in the group and you strive for synergy and collaboration with your peer colleagues.
- You have a degree in Life Sciences.
- You have a solid previous leadership experience in drug development, preferentially in a CM&C (Chemistry, Manufacturing & Control) environment.
- You’re familiar with GMP quality standards.
- You are able to drive business and inspire people to go for growth and continuous improvement.
- You work towards the ‘big picture’ while keeping day-to-day objectives and planning at the forefront.
- You are target driven, result driven and customer oriented.
- You are self-motivated and you have an entrepreneurial approach.
- You have excellent oral and writing communication skills (fluent in Dutch and English).
- Occasional traveling is necessary.