The company is the world's leading test laboratory for food and feed. The company uses an extensive range of state-of-the-art analytical techniques to support increasingly stringent quality and safety standards for its customers.
The group has a worldwide network of laboratories and competence centers that carry out more than 150 million tests per year to determine the safety, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of food.
The company offers the largest portfolio of food testing. They make this unique offer worldwide accessible through their laboratories using optimized processes, logistics and IT.
For their Belgian site, the company is looking for a manager for the sales & analytical services team. You set ambitious marks for the commercial policy in line with the business strategy and thus implement the intended profitable growth strategy. You map the various business processes, structure and optimize them where necessary. You ensure a good division of roles between both teams and ensure cooperation between them, but also with the other stakeholders in the company. You have an eye for quality and thus anchor the working methods and the instruments used in the company’s quality system. You will become a part of the management team.
The company has a sales team (4) and an analytical services team (6). The first team is responsible for sales, customer service, sales invoicing and quotation preparation. The second team assesses and reports test results to customers. They are rather an administrator of existing customer relationships. They act as technical experts to the other teams within the company.
Streamlining the processes, ensuring a better and logical collaboration, working on a solution-oriented and team-oriented culture are the first tasks. In addition to these internal objectives, they want to pursue an ambitious commercial policy with a clear focus and a clear approach. Therefore, we expect input and proposals from you about the approach. We also expect a contribution to the development of new business, to set up business cases on this subject and to assess together with the management how this can lead to new strategic pillars.
The company is looking for a people manager with a hands-on and lead-by-example mentality and a strong commercial drive. You are familiar with thinking in processes. You are solution-oriented and can act and decide from a broad perspective. Because the company is a strongly growing and dynamic organization, they also expect some knowledge of project management to efficiently and purposefully tackle change processes in your team.
- 5 years of experience in an equivalent managerial commercial role
- Proven experience in project management and / or change management
- Knowledge of CRM tools
- Experience with working under a quality system
- Strong communicative skills
- Knowledge of Dutch, English and French
- Notions of Lean / Sigma-6 is a plus
- Some affinity with food industry and / or third-party servicing is a plus
- Being able to treat information in a conceptual way (being able to abstract adequately)
- Being able to think cross-functionally and process-wisely
- Securing processes and having a quality-oriented mindset
- Being solution-oriented
- Being able to implement management of a business and change
- Being able to build teams (dealing with conflicts / stimulating collaboration), coaching and supervising employees
- Building relationships with peers within the organization, being highly customer-oriented and being able to have an impact and to negotiate
- Showing organizational involvement by being aware of the market / being results-oriented and being able to achieve / deal with objectives