He/she will be responsible for leading the development of the cartridges for various human sample matrices: urine, blood, swab. These developments are being done in close collaboration with external parties.
- Manage the external projects on cartridge R&D.
- Plan and organize cartridge experiments to generate data for development.
- Set up characterization methodologies with a.o. fluorescence microscope, cell counting, flow condition determination (camera setup), image analysis,...
- Follow up and coordinate the design or co-design of the microfluidic circuits with third parties.
- Analyse impact of cartridge features such as quality of flow characteristics, flow speed & filling time.
- Lead internal cartridge prototyping with techniques such as soft molding techniques (PDMS) and others.
- Lead (internal/external) development on sample handling and sample pre-treatment steps.
- Optimize the urine cartridge and guide the cartridge towards design for manufacturing
- Lead the development of cartridges processing other sample types such as blood, swab, saliva, stool, ...
- Analyse the biophysics of binding events on the sensor surface in a steady flow condition.
- Support data analysis of the sensor output through understanding of the biophysics at the sensor surface.
- Coordinate the development of the cartridge of the Antelope STD product and future other products in Design Control methodology.
- Contribute in the design of the risk analysis (FMEA) and general risk management of the cartridge element of the Antelope products.
- Requirement definition on the cartridge and its subsystems.
- Specification definition on the cartridge and its subsystems.
- Provide guidance on verification and validation activities to ensure that system functionality and performance is maintained.
- Maintain system and sub-system documentation supporting creation of the Design History File.
- Design in compliance with international standards and harmonized regulations for IVD applications.